Promoting Positive Behaviors, Attitudes and Outcomes
Prevention Education Workshops
Youth and Adults Served
Annual Coat Giveaway
Familias Unidas Evidence Based Program
ASPIRA Mentoring Program
Small Group Mentoring Sessions
Participants Achieved Grade Promotion
- Provided mentoring and the space for our bilingual/monolingual (Spanish speaking students) to have a voice and feel comfortable with developing socio-emotional and leadership skills.
- Established community within the Rochester City School District.
- Increased the knowledge of the dire need of bilingual support for students and staff.
- Trained students and staff on the benefits of restorative practices.
- Hosted Safe Summer and Latino HIV Testing day events that bonded the community and addressed complex subjects.
- Held prevention workshops that taught life skills to act as a protective factor.
- Through HelpZone, provided confidentiality, accountability, problem-solving, trust. We provided guidance through any in/out school experience, whether it be mediation to resolve a problem, academic support, someone to talk to about a situation hindering classwork, or weighing heavy on a student’s mind. These services led to decreased conflict and out-of-school suspensions and to increased school attendance, academic performance, and graduation rates.