2023 Ibero Scholarship Application
- Applicant must be a resident of one of these counties: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, or Yates County.
- Applicant must be of Hispanic origin with family roots from: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay, or Venezuela.
- Applicant must submit a copy of birth or adoption certificate.
- Applicant must be a high school graduating senior.
- Applicant must submit one senior photo
- Applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 (B) or better in the core subjects.
- Applicant must be entering a college in the Fall of 2023.
- Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicant must submit an official transcript from high school
Complete applications must be received or postmarked by: Monday, March 6, 2023
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Hear the Experiences of Previous Ibero Scholars
Hispanic Scholarship Recognition Awards Ceremony | May 21, 2022
Meet the Scholars Event | May 6, 2022
Networking Event for students and scholarship providers, sponsors, and program supporters to meet.
About Ibero Scholars
Between 2000 and 2015, the national college-going rate among Hispanic high school graduates grew from 22 to 37 percent, according to the U.S. Department of Education. While education is an important issue for Hispanic families, economic factors remain an obstacle to college enrollment. The Ibero Scholars program addresses this immediate and growing need. Our program is funded by an endowment fund that was established 20 years ago with a $75,000 contribution from Kodak. The Rochester Area Community Foundation manages the fund, which provides nearly a dozen college scholarships to high school seniors every year. Our partners provide additional scholarships
Thanks to the Hispanic Education Endowment, the Ibero-American Action league, in collaboration with community organizations, businesses and individuals, The Ibero Scholars Program has awarded over 1000 scholarships since 1985. Together, we are making an impact in the future of community leaders and professionals, helping them build their confidence to aspire to reach greater things.
In 2019, our program provided 94 scholarships to students provided in partnership with over 30 organizations and private donors. The scholarships are merit-based and provide financial support in the range from $500 to $2,000. Student majors include biomedical engineering, business, economics, political science and health.
In 2020, the Ibero-American Action League was able to maintain the amount of scholarship donations necessary for our 91 recipients, despite adversity form the COVID-19 pandemic. The number of scholarship recipients were average similar to last year’s with 94 recipients. Due to social distancing concerns, Ibero held its first virtual gala, which included CEO & president Angelica Perez-Delgado, mayor Lovely A. Warren, county executive Adam Bello and former Ibero scholarship recipient Orlando Ortiz.
In 2022, Ibero awarded 57 students from Cuba, Chile, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, and Spain with scholarships from $500 to $1500.
- 19 from Rochester City School District
- 38 from other public and private schools